10.07.2010

All our problems can be solved...with songs and monkeys

Since Stinky was at the game I hope that her graduate school gives her the time necessary to describe the actual events, situations and emotions of last night. I will simply say two things (and accompany them with movin' pictures):

1) In re: this New York Times Article about our "Damn Yankees" attitudes. I think the only power strong enough to complement my attack monkeys is the power of musical theatre (and for some reason watching this song this morning did make me feel better...of course, I am a theatre geek, but still...start hummin' boys!)


2) I stand by my claim from yesterday that the only way to get a monkey off your back is with a smarter, stronger monkey (possibly armed) and you know who else agrees with me? Stephen Colbert. (Seriously if we plague the yankees with monkeys, gonna be harder for them to hit with men in scoring position/hit at all.)

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Langur Monkey Security
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionMarch to Keep Fear Alive

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the uplifting moment.

    Pretty sure that tune will be stuck in my head all day now. And I'm picturing Matty Tolbert as the lead singer, all earnest and awkward. (c'mon, who's got more heart than Matty?)

    Hope Pavano has plenty of throwing stars hidden in his stache.

    ReplyDelete