8.24.2010

Snatching defeat from the jaws of humiliation

First things first, congratulations to the Rangers on pitching a heckuva ball game (see, we're magnanimous even in defeat, will you please lose to us now?)

Secondly, I thought I would share with you all the general thought processes of Stinky and myself throughout last night's game. See if you can tell which style of fandom is more conducive to happiness and sanity.

Pre-game:
Scruffy: Ooh boy, baseball!
Stinky: YAY! (Also yay for Bon Appetit)

1st Inning:
Scruffy: That ain't good.
Stinky: No. No it is not.

3rd Inning:
Stinky: Okay, I've got to go to Yoga, hope the Twins have better luck without me than with me.
Scruffy: I will tell them [whether or not they'll hear me, I don't know]

5th Inning:
Scruffy: Oh dear.
Stinky: Ommmmmmmm

6th Inning:
Scruffy: Con sarn it JJ! That's not helpful!!
Stinky: Ommmmmmmm

7th Inning:
Scruffy: No, no, no, no NOOOOOO!!!!!! BLACKBURN DOES NOT DESERVE THIS!!
Stinky: Ommmmmmmm

8th Inning:
Stinky: Back! That was fun, but I need to shower.
Scruffy: I hope you brought good vibes back from yoga...we need them...

9th Inning:
Scruffy: THANK YOU JOE MAUER: LITTLE BABY JESUS SIDEBURNS AND ALL!!!
Stinky: Wha? We lost why are you so happy?
Scruffy: I--because--uhh--[pants from emotional exhaustion]--the--thing--and--no-hit, bad--[falls asleep from overexertion]

So, don't just sit and stew over the game, get up, exercise, meditate, write haikus it helps!

No winter, not yet:
Painful burns from Texas Sun
a small price for glory

There, I feel better already

No comments:

Post a Comment