4.16.2010

More Apologizing/Caption Action


You see, Stinky and I did not realize that graduate school had these things called: "ho-mwu-rk" I think I'm pronouncing that correctly, but there may be an umlaut in there somewhere. Anyway, when it all builds up, you have to spend many many hours dealing with it, which cuts into one's Twins watching time, which makes for sad bloggers, mad bloggers and quiet bloggers. That is why we are not posting much these days...hopefully all will be well eventually, and until then, I'm sorry.

HOWEVER! This should not distract from the glory that was the opening of Target Field! Nor from the fact that both Scruffy's Mother (The Knitting Queen), Stinky and Stinky's Father managed to attend games during the opening set. It was also against the Boston Red Sox which gave us the opportunity to razz our California friend (and one of our most frequent readers) Sparky! But rather than detail stat after stat after stat let's just go to the picture-by-picture replay in a potentially new feature called: Caption Action.

Game 1:
New Park, Same Universal Truths: Running = Stupid
Twins 5-Red Sox 2
Game 2:
Pedroia [to Mauer while crossing home plate]: Call me the Destroyah!
Mauer: No, I don't think I will
Pedroia: C'mon it rhymes with Pedroia when you say it with a Boston accent
Mauer: So does "Bok Choy-ya", You're 5'9", I could literally floss with you...you are not a Destroyer, if we're playing Battleship, you're a submarine, a submarine nicknamed "Bok-Choy-ya"
Drizzle Shmizzle...besides we get to see Delmon and Justin in a batting stance duel "Vwwwing Vwwwing Vwwwing!!!"
Red Sox 6-Twins 3
Game 3:
"But I don't wanna be struck out!!! I start on the all-star team (because Red Sox fans without lives stay up all night voting for me)!!! I was referenced in Moneyball! I HAVE A GOATEE!!!! Slider's aren't fair!!! You're not fair you poop...poop...poopy!!!"
Twins 8-Red Sox 0

Series in a nutshell:
Span & Cuddy: HIGH-FIVE FOR AWESOMENESS!!
O-Dog: Hey look...I can do a sun salutation to the actual sun! Minnesota really IS awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Hah nice to see you incorporate the funny pedroia chat we had.

    ReplyDelete