7.22.2009

How to comeback from a hosing:

Please forgive the delay in our posts--but I mean, c'mon...would you want to blog during this series of doom and devastation?

After our Monday's game/screwjob, we chose to wait until our wroth waned, we here at Peanuts from Heaven took a deep breath and came right back the next night, eyes focused on some sign of superb silliness that would give us a chance to feel proud as we continued our roadtrip out west.

What we saw, was this conversation in the dugout, prior to the game.

[Michael Cuddyer sits despondently, with duct tape over his mouth at the end of the bench, when Delmon Young approaches him]
DELMON: Yo, Cuddy, what up?
CUDDY: mummmawummawumma!!
DELMON: Hang on, you have duct tape over your mouth...[Delmon rips the duct tape off] what was that?
CUDDY: I said, I'll KILL YOU STUPID ASS UMPIRE WITH YOUR BLOWN CALL AND YOUR--
DELMON: Shhh, shhh, shhhhhhhhhhhhh...it's okay Cuddy, it's okay...I'm here [Delmon takes Cuddy in his arms and rocks back and forth slowly, while murmuring words of comfort]
CUDDY: [Words punctuated with sobs] They're. Just. So. Mean. I. Was. Safe!
DELMON: I know, I know, I was there. It was awful Cuddy, I mean, Gogo warned us not to get too homerun happy...and what happened to us? We got beaten by homeruns...Gogo was right
GOGO: [Running up to them with a gleam of hope in his eye] I WAS RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING?!?!?! [Gogo takes off running around the stadium at supersonic speeds] YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........
DELMON: I mean, even supraction was powerless to stop them.
CUDDY: Su-wha?
DELMON: Don't you remember supraction, Cuddy? You're a master of it, we suprise and distract the opposing team, that's why I slipped a jumping bean into that wild pitch last night. I was at the plate and I magicked it into the ball with my mind...then it bounced and you should have been able to score but...
CUDDY: The umpire was a JERK!! [Gomez completes a lap, "eeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee....."]
DELMON: Yes, he was, but that doesn't mean Supraction wouldn't work Cuddy! C'mon there must be something we can do...
CUDDY: Well...since everyone thinks we just hit home runs now, what if we ALMOST hit home runs...but instead--
DELMON: just hit triples over the heads of outfielders!
CUDDY: It's brilliant!!
DELMON: No one would think I could run to third base!!!
CUDDY: IT'S SURPRISING!!
DELMON: IT'S DISTRACTING!!!
TOGETHER: IT'S SUPRACTING!!!!!!!! YYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!
Delmon and Cuddy join hands and leap in the air as Gogo completes another lap (eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee........)and the sound of his joy mirrored the joy in their hearts as the strategy was begun and a victory was won.

Welcome back supraction--we have missed you.

And then we lost...and that stank...but Supraction, that was awesome.

1 comment: