Throughout the game, we discussed, as only two anthropomorphic peanuts can: truth, justice, disgusting odors, and the Minnesota Twins--although, not necessarily in that order.
1) Albert Pujols charging down a bunt, is a little like a lion charging in the savannah. For the sake of this simile: Francisco Liriano is a wounded antelope.
2) Cherry Licorice is basically sugar, corn syrup, sugar, red food coloring and sugar--it is also basically awesome.
3) According to Tammy, cashier at the Terrace Level Grandstand Grill, I have beautiful eyes--erego, Tammy is the best cashier in the history of ever.
4) When we nicely ask Justin Morneau to hit a home run, he does so. When we nicely ask him to do it again, he grounds into a double play, which is highly unfortunate.
5) Joe Mauer enjoys flirting with .400. Really, he should just stop waffling and commit - bring .400 some flowers and chocolates, take it out for a fancy Italian dinner and talk about how beautiful their children will be, etc. etc. He needs to do this in order to save all of baseball from the evil league of evil stereoid users, according to Sports Illustrated.
Finally--mad props to Cardinals fans. Who, though they ignored us throughout the game, were very cool, supportive, considerate, refusing to jeer their poor performing players and quietly acknowledging good plays by Twins and providing service with a smile--even to us.
Tomorrow it's on to Kansas City - blues, steak, the Negro League museum, and thou, Kauffman Stadium.
Until then, go Twins!