9.26.2008

Wow.


Wow.


I can't remember the last time any single game of baseball has made me feel both utterly crushed and overwhelmingly elated in the span of 2 hours. At 8:30 I was ready to stick my head in a broiler and end it all...and at 10 I started to feel hopeful again.... and at 10:25 I was jumping around the living room with my dad, letting out victory cries that probably woke up everyone who was sleeping within a 3 mile radius (except my mom who somehow stayed asleep on the couch).


We won. We came back from a 6-1 deficit to win...and we did it despite the fact that everything went wrong that possibly could have gone wrong. I mean sure, now I can look back and think that Carlos Gomez and Denard Span crashing into eachother trying to make the same catch is kind of hilarious...but at the time...NOT FUNNY AT ALL. It might seem now like Slowey getting beaned in the arm and missing the throw to Justin wasn't really that big a deal, but at that moment I almost stood up and walked out of the room. There were at least 5 points during the game when I decided we were totally effed. All of these times, I was wrong.


Also, most of the important plays were made not by Joe or Justin, but by guys who are barely old enough to drink. Carlos Gomez, Alexi Casilla, Denard Span...these guys were all vital to our win last night. Good job guys! Even though they don't have the experience of the Sox lineup, there's something about their fire and enthusiasm that's just so....cool.

Awww...they're all growed up...


Even if we don't make it to the playoffs.

Even if we don't win the series vs. Kansas (even though we should)

...we'll always have this night, and the memory of how very, very awesome it was.



1 comment:

  1. Not kidding. Got a little choked up on this one. So right...so very very right you are.

    I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete